Wednesday 16 July 2014

Preparing for the CWPA Assessment Institute

I am excited to be writing my first blog post on my new site! After a summer of researching and a lot of reading (although, quite a bit of it was for fun!), I am preparing for my first conference in what I would consider the 2014-2015 school year.

This week/weekend Illinois State University is hosting the CWPA in Normal, IL. I am privileged to be working as an Assessment Institute Associate Leader for tomorrow's session. We will be discussing writing and program assessment with a group of WPAs and others who attend. I am going to be leading a couple breakout sessions on the value of seeing race, culture, and identity in writing assessment, as well as co-leading a breakout session with Laurenn Jarema on the Initial Genre Assessment that we coauthored in the spring of 2013 (link under "Projects").

I think that this institute will be a great way to begin this new school year as a way to connect with like-minded thinkers and researchers, as well as a jump on Laurenn and I preparing our IGA work for submission for publication.

Off to write some breakout session handouts~

Best,
Kayla

Find more information about the CWPA HERE.